Sunday 19 May 2013

Wired Balloon Bouquet

 
 
 
HERE is the fantastic photo Cath chose for us at Moxie Fab World this week - the rich deep colours inspired me for this CAS card based on Colleen's (smoatsmom) balloon card found HERE.
I used Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Birthday Bash dies to cut the balloons and then sponged them with ink, leaving a bit of white to give the illusion of depth and reflected light.
The balloons are popped up in different layers so there's a lot of dimension which isn't as evident in the photo.
I atttached wire to make a balloon bouquet - this works beautifully if you 
curl the wire too for a different look! 
If I'm curling wire I usually use a paintbrush handle for sweet little loops.
The background embossing is my favourite at the moment - Spellbinders M-bossibilities So Trendy!
Whatever your Sunday holds, have a wonderful day!
Other Supplies include:
Wire
Ribbon
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Stampin Up Yoyo Yellow, Cool Caribbean, Green Galore,
Orchid Opulence, Melon Mambo ink
 
 

5 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Fantastic colouring - the shading is perfect and make the balloons so realistic! I think I may have to get that embossing folder!

JD/ Jill said...

What a fabulous card! I feel a case coming on...smile...
The coloring is beautifully done. Thanks for sharing her link...I don't remember visiting her gallery before...she (and YOu, of course) makes wonderful cards!)

SmilynStef said...

Gorgeous coloring on those balloons ... such a happy design.

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous card - love the pops of color against the fabulous white embossed panel

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Bridget! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)